Fund raising

Funding and grants for groups and individuals.

Oxfordshire County Council has a section on it’s website about Funding and grants for groups and individuals.  Many of the links on this page are taken from there.

GRANTNET – Free to use funding database.

To help local organisations in their search for funding OCC has taken out a subscription to GRANTnet. This allows you to search the database which contains over 4,000 funding opportunities from United Kingdom and European Commission sources.

Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action (OCVA)

OCVA runs a free Funding Advice Service for voluntary and community organisations and the Development Team can help you put your application together and offer advice on other sources of help. [OCVA website]

The Oxfordshire Guide to Funding Opportunities 2011

This is currently being updated. You can also use Source Oxfordshire which helps businesses and voluntary organisations understand the procurement and grants processes as well as helping to find and apply for opportunities in Oxfordshire and further afield.

Big Society fund – February 2011

Oxfordshire County Council has created the Big Society fund of  £600,000 so that  community groups can bid for funds to help them take responsibility for providing services in their communities. It will be one-off funding to help communities get their ideas going. For more information and guidance go to the Big Society Fund pages.

Play Design Grants

The Play Design Grants (PDG) are small grants to help groups develop their ideas for improving the play spaces in their communities.

Playbuilder Capital Grant

£1,000,000 funding from the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) part of the ‘Fair Play’ initiative, that aims to change the way play spaces are commissioned, designed and built. [link]

Chill Out Fund for youth activities

Improving and extending provision for children and young people in Oxfordshire [link]

Village hall grants

OCC have a small grants scheme to fund improvements to village halls and community centres in market towns, including Oxford. All enquiries about this fund should be made to the Oxfordshire Rural Community Council (ORCC) who administers the scheme on their behalf.

List of links to funding and grant making bodies

Google “grants for village halls” and you’ll find more similar lists.

Leave a Comment