|Name/email address||Address|| Telephone
|, OBE (Vice Chair)||Lime Tree House, High Street||835338|
|The Cottage, Townsend||834765|
|7 Hengest Gate||861779|
|Pillar Lodge, School Lane||835474|
|13 Jennings Lane||221098|
|1 Locktons Barns, Church Lane||820760|
|(Chair)||Chapel House, High Street||835430|
|16 The Park||835628|
|46 Orchard Way|
The Parish Clerk is Mrs Stephanie Taylor. See the contact page for details of how to contact her.
Parish Councillors are elected for four years. The last elections were in May 2011. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the councillors annually at their May meeting.
Here is a brief outline of the Parish Council's role and duties:
- Harwell Parish Council consists of up to 11 members working together to serve the community, bringing local issues to the Council's attention, and making decisions on behalf of the local community.
- The Council is a corporate body, and its decisions are the responsibility of the whole body. It is granted powers by Parliament to set the "precept" - the Parish Council's share of the council tax.
- Issues that concern parish councils are planning, highways, traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, and rights of way.
- Parish Councils are only FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the lands belonging to the parish; in Harwell, that is the recreation ground, allotments, cemetery and Freeman Orchard.
- The full Council meets 10 times a year, at present, on the second Tuesday of each month except August and December. These are meetings held in public, but are not public meetings.
- At the first meeting of the new Council, elected councillors sign a formal Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and sign an agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council.
At the Annual Council meeting in May 2012 the following committee membership was confirmed
Gareth Buxton (Chair), Kate Beswick, Sarah Gasper, David Marsh (interim), Martin Ricketts, Debbie Turner (school holidays),
Kate Beswick, Dee Broughton-Waite, Stuart Davison, Mike Fox-Davies, Karon Hawthorn, David Marsh, Debbie Turner,
The Council agreed that Committee members could comment on planning items where a response is required between full Council meetings; comments to be submitted by the Clerk.
All councillors are members of the Finance Committee, which will meet once annually in December, for the purpose of setting the budget for the coming financial year; the Committee’s recommendations will be ratified at the full Council meeting in January.
Harwell Future Advisory Committee
This committee was established at the October 2011 meeting (see the minutes for terms of reference for the committee). Members are:
David Marsh, Mike Fox-Davies, Karon Hawthorn, Debbie Greenfield and Gareth Buxton
David Marsh attends Keep Harwell Rural, Didcot Forum, Great Western Park Liaison Committee, and Harwell Stakeholders Group meetings. His interests include regional planning and running the Council’s website.
David Marsh and Kate Beswick attend meetings with Goodmans regarding future plans at North Drive and Harwell campus.
Dee Boughton-Waite is the Council’s representative for the Harwell Stakeholders Group. She also organises the Annual Footpaths Walk.
Martin Ricketts is the Council’s representative on the Village Hall Management Committee. He is Editor of Harwell News, and also writes the Council’s summary in the newsletter. He is involved with liaison with OCC regarding Rights of Way.
Stewart Lilly (OCC Councillor) remains as the Parish Council's Public Transport Representative.
Martin Ricketts, Kate Beswick, Mike Fox-Davies are bank signatories.
last updated 28 January 2013