|Name/email address||Date of election/
|Wah Cheng Lee||May 2019||Harwell|
|David Munyemweri||May 2019||Harwell||Dellands, Didcot Road|
|Jeremy Hawthorne (Vice-chair)||May 2019||Harwell||33 Orchard Way|
|Syed Aly||May 2019||Harwell|
|Sarah Soames||May 2019||Harwell||2 Tyrrells Close||07849 533808|
|Debbie Turner (Chair)||May 2019||Harwell||46 Orchard Way||07530 053776|
|Martin Ricketts||May 2019||Harwell||16 The Park||835628|
|David Roberts||May 2019||Harwell||22 The Croft|
|Dee Boughton-Waite||June 2019||Harwell||7 Hengest Gate|
|Neil Paterson||June 2019||Campus|
The Parish Clerk is Mrs Stephanie Taylor. See the contact page for details of how to contact her.
Parish Councillors are elected for four years. The last elections were in May 2019. No councillors stood for the Campus Ward and VWHDC advised the council could co-opt to fill the vacancies at the June meeting, when Cllr Paterson was co-opted; there were no other candidates and the council will remain at 10 members rather than a possible maximum of 11 until the next elections. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the councillors annually at their May meeting.
Details of the Councillors’ registers of interest can be found on the Vale website.
Here is a brief outline of the Parish Council’s role and duties:
- Harwell Parish Council consists of up to 11 members working together to serve the community, bringing local issues to the Council’s attention, and making decisions on behalf of the local community.
- The Council is a corporate body, and its decisions are the responsibility of the whole body. It is granted powers by Parliament to set the “precept” – the Parish Council’s share of the council tax.
- Issues that concern parish councils are planning, highways, traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, and rights of way.
- Parish Councils are only FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the lands belonging to the parish; in Harwell, that is the recreation ground, allotments, cemetery and Freeman Orchard.
- The full Council meets 11 times a year, at present, on the second Tuesday of each month except August. These are meetings held in public, but are not public meetings.
- At the first meeting of the new Council, elected councillors sign a formal Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and sign an agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council.
Membership of each committee and representation on external bodies is confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council, each May.
Established under Standing Orders paragraph 4e. See the Meetings and Minutes page for details of the meetings – dates, times, agendas and minutes.
Terms of reference for each committee, and Standing Orders, can be found on the policies page.
Chair: Jeremy Hawthorne
Debbie Turner, Jeremy Hawthorne, Martin Ricketts, David Roberts, Cheng Lee
Planning Committee – established October 2019
All councillors are members. Chair to be chosen at first meeting on 21st November.
Staffing Committee (established August 2016)
Debbie Turner, Jeremy Hawthorne, Sarah Soames, Syed Aly
Representations on, or work with external bodies, and other councillor roles, alphabetical order.
|Organisation or Role||Councillor|
|Allotment User Group Liaison||Martin Ricketts|
|Annual Footpaths Walk organiser||Sarah Medley (not parish councillor)|
|Bank signatories||Jeremy Hawthorn,Debbie Turner, Sarah Soames, Dee Boughton-Waite|
|Didcot Community Forum and
Great Western Park Liaison Committee
|Harwell Campus meetings with Joint Venture Partnership regarding future plans at Harwell campus, including North Drive||Martin Ricketts|
|Harwell News Editor||Alison Fautley|
|Harwell News, Parish Council summary||summary written by Martin Ricketts, final checks done by Chair of PC|
|Harwell Stakeholders Group:
Statutory liaison meetings (quarterly)
| Dee Boughton-Waite.
Meetings are open to the public
|Keep Harwell Rural||n/a|
|Milton Park Liaison Meeting||tbd|
|OALC||No formal rep, councillors attend as available|
|OCC Public Transport Representative||Mike Fox-Davies (as OCC Councillor)|
|OCC Rights of Way Liaison||Clerk|
|Ramblers Parish Path Warden||voluntary role – no parish council representative|
|Sports Club Liaison||Clerk and
Tennis Club – J Hawthorne
Bowls Club – J Hawthorne
Harwellian – S Soames
Scouts – J Hawthorne
Football – D Roberts
|Webmaster for PC website||Clerk
David Marsh (not on parish council) provides technical help
Last updated 7 May 2019