|Kate Beswick, OBE||Lime Tree House, High Street||835338|
|Gareth Buxton||The Cottage, Townsend||834765|
|Dee Boughton-Waite||7 Hengest Gate||861779|
|Cath Convery||Ty Gwyn, Reading Road||07977 465886|
|Mike Fox-Davies * (Vice Chair)||Pillar Lodge, School Lane||835474|
|Sarah Gaspar||13 Jennings Lane||221098|
|Jeremy Hawthorne *||33 Orchard Way|
|Tim Howse **||Adnams Farmhouse, High Street||07832 386665|
|Debbie Greenfield||1 Locktons Barns, Church Lane||820760|
|David Marsh (Chair)||Chapel House, High Street||835430|
|Debbie Turner||46 Orchard Way||07530 053776|
* By co-option May 2015, councillors for the Harwell Campus ward.
** By co-option July 2016, councillor for the Harwell Village ward
The Parish Clerk is Mrs Stephanie Taylor. See the contact page for details of how to contact her.
Parish Councillors are elected for four years. The last elections were in May 2015. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the councillors annually at their May meeting.
Details of the Councillors’ registers of interest can be found on the Vale website.
Here is a brief outline of the Parish Council’s role and duties:
- Harwell Parish Council consists of up to 11 members working together to serve the community, bringing local issues to the Council’s attention, and making decisions on behalf of the local community.
- The Council is a corporate body, and its decisions are the responsibility of the whole body. It is granted powers by Parliament to set the “precept” – the Parish Council’s share of the council tax.
- Issues that concern parish councils are planning, highways, traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, and rights of way.
- Parish Councils are only FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the lands belonging to the parish; in Harwell, that is the recreation ground, allotments, cemetery and Freeman Orchard.
- The full Council meets 10 times a year, at present, on the second Tuesday of each month except August and December. These are meetings held in public, but are not public meetings.
- At the first meeting of the new Council, elected councillors sign a formal Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and sign an agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council.
Membership of each committee and representation on external bodies is confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council, each May.
Lands Committee [Terms of Reference]
Chair: Kate Beswick
Kate Beswick, Sarah Gaspar, Jeremy Hawthorn, Debbie Turner
Planning Committee [Terms of Reference]
Chair: Mike Fox-Davies
Kate Beswick, Dee Broughton-Waite, Mike Fox-Davies, Jeremy Hawthorn, Tim Howse, David Marsh
Recreation Ground Facilities Committee [Terms of Reference]
Chair and Project Manager: Debbie Greenfield
Catherine Convery, Mike Fox-Davies, HPC Chair (David Marsh)
Staffing Committee (established August 2016) [Terms of Reference]
Kate Beswick, Mike Fox-Davies, Sarah Gaspar, Debbie Greenfield, David Marsh
All councillors are members of the Finance Committee, which will meet once annually in December, for the purpose of setting the budget for the coming financial year; the Committee’s recommendations will be ratified at the full Council meeting in January.
Representations on, or work with external bodies, and other councillor roles, alphabetical order.
|Organisation or Role||Councillor|
|Allotment User Group Liaison||Clerk or Chair of Lands Committee|
|Annual Footpaths Walk organiser||Lands Committee|
|Bank signatories||Jeremy Hawthorn, Kate Beswick, Mike Fox-Davies|
|Didcot Community Forum and
Great Western Park Liaison Committee
|David Marsh and others as available|
|Harwell Campus meetings with Joint Venture Partnership regarding future plans at Harwell campus, including North Drive||Chair and Vice-Chair|
|Harwell News Editor||tba|
|Harwell News, Parish Council summary||tba|
|Harwell Stakeholders Group:
Statutory liaison meetings (quarterly)
|Dee Boughton-Waite (formal rep)
David Marsh also attends. Meetings are open to the public
|Keep Harwell Rural||David Marsh|
|Milton Park Liaison Meeting||Cath Convery|
|OALC, ORCC||No formal rep, councillors attend as available|
|OCC Public Transport Representative||Mike Fox-Davies / Stewart Lilley (OCC Councillor)|
|OCC Rights of Way Liaison||Debbie Turner|
|Ramblers Parish Path Warden||need for the role is being checked|
|Sports Club Liaison||Clerk or Chair of Lands Committee|
|Webmaster for PC website||David Marsh|
Last updated 31 Aug 2016,