A34WestBerkshire/Oxfordshire roadmarking & stud replacement UPDATE
Update on this scheme from Highways England;
In 2019 we started work to refresh the road markings and install new LED road studs at the West Ilsley junction, Chilton junction, Milton Interchange, Hinksey Hill junction and the Botley Interchange, to improve safety to road users.
It was hoped that work would be completed during February, however some areas of work still remain outstanding. To complete this work, we will need to close the A34 north and southbound carriageways overnight (between 9pm and 6am) on the following dates:
- Monday 4 May for two nights – closure of the A34 southbound carriageway from the A420 Botley Interchange to the A4130 Milton Interchange, with a signed diversion in place via the A420, A338, Wantage and the A417
- Monday 11 May for two nights – closure of the A34 northbound carriageway from the A423 Hinksey Hill junction to the A44 Peartree Interchange, with a signed diversion in place via the Oxford ring-road
- Monday 18 May for four nights – closure of the A34 southbound carriageway from the A4130 Milton Interchange to the M4 (Chieveley), with a signed diversion in place via the A417, Wantage, A338 and A4
- Thursday 21 May for one night – closure of the A34 northbound carriageway from the A4185 Chilton Interchange to the A4130 Milton Interchange
- Saturday 1 June for two nights – closure of the A34 northbound carriageway from the M4 Chieveley Interchange to the A4185 Chilton junction, with a signed diversion via the A4, A338, A417 and A4130
Access will be maintained for emergency service vehicles on blue light calls only.
Please be aware that due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic, all our works are subject to change due to available resource by our Supply Chain, as well as possible adverse weather conditions – please check the yellow signs placed in advance alongside the road for confirmation of the closures dates/timings.
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption during our work. If you have any questions, or if you’d like you know more about our work please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0300 123 5000.
Alternatively, to view our weekly report of full closures please visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/roads, scroll down and under Roadworks click on ‘Check for Roadworks’, then scroll down and under Planned full closures click on ‘Check for Roadworks’ (this will open a Microsoft Excel file that will allow you to filter by day and road).
Source: Highways England