will be on Thursday 26th April, 8pm, in the Village Hall
By law an annual Parish Meeting must be convened, open to members of the Parish, although formally only registered electors are allowed to speak and vote.
In Harwell we have used these meetings as an open forum where activities and plans involving the Parish Council are presented. We also invite service providers to give us updates, where relevant.
Our provisional agenda includes:
- Chairmans Report: to include mention of Shirefest and storage of waste at Harwell Campus.
- Play area and Our Street Corner update: Money raised and implementation plans
- Planning: Update on status of Vale’s Core Strategy, Harwell Link Road and Interim Housing Supply Policy. Plus update on the status of Great Western Park.
- Mason’s Funfair: presentation by proprietor requesting village consent to hold the funfair on the recreation ground
- Harwell Feast: Update on plans for 2012
- Village Hall: Update from trustees on their plans
There is still time for registered electors to request items for the agenda, so if you have any topic which you would like discussed at the meeting, then please let our clerk know.
It is also open for electors to place resolutions on the agenda, which can be voted on by those at the meeting. These resolutions are not binding on the Parish Council, but they must be taken into account, especially if they are thought to represent the views of a large part of the community.
We welcome open discussion about what’s happening in the village, so hope that you will be able to attend the meeting, and we welcome topics for the agenda.
Minutes of last years meeting can be found on the minutes page.
Chairman, Harwell Parish Council