Covid-19 update – during the current Government restrictions the council & committees will be meeting via Zoom video meeting platform.
Except where otherwise stated, all meetings are on Tuesdays as stated in the table below, conducted under the adopted Standing Orders
Council and committee meetings are open to members of the public (see Standing Orders, Section 3 General Meetings). The committee room is fairly small, so if possible please let the clerk know if you want to attend as a member of the public. Alternative, larger, accommodation can then be arranged, if there will be a large number of people attending.
- Council meetings are held, usually at 7.30pm, on the second Tuesday of each month (except August)
- The Planning Committee meets at 7.30pm on the Thursday following the third Tuesday of the month
- The Lands Committee meets at 7.30pm. on the fourth Tuesday of the month
- The Environment Committee will meet at 7.30 pm on 21 June 2021 (first meeting)
- The Staffing Committee meets twice a year, and additionally when needed, in the council office
- Councillor surgeries are normally held on 3rd Wednesdays of the month, at 7.00pm but are suspended until further notice due to lack of interest. The council has considered holding them via Zoom and will revisit the suspension if residents so wish
- The Annual Parish Meeting is held in the Orchard Hall when available – see table below
- The Staff Building Committee will meet once weekly on Fridays during the building works from late January 2021
- Emergency Consultation Panel – an Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting was scheduled for 24 March 2020 but it was not possible to hold the meeting in person because of Government restrictions. Under advice from OALC, councillors voted via email to approve the following matters;
1. Approve that the council empowers the clerk to do anything expedient and necessary to ensure the continuous business of the council, and to deal with mandatory undertakings in order to prevent the authority from incurring liability during any period of restricted activity declared by the Government in respect of the Covid-19 virus
2. Approve that a new Emergency Consultation Panel is formed, consisting of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and the clerk to take decisions on behalf of the Council in the event that meetings are suspended during any period of restricted activity declared by the Government in respect of the Covid-19 virus
The Panel’s decisions are posted separately on this website- see All Meetings section.
The Emergency Panel was suspended on 12.5.2020 when full council meetings resumed via Zoom, following new Government regulations.
There is a summary list of planning applications not yet reviewed, and hence part of the agenda of the next relevant meeting.
Comments on specific planning applications can usually be found here in advance of the publication of the minutes.
Forthcoming Meetings and Agendas
|20 May 2021||7.30pm||Annual Parish meeting||agenda|
|21 Jun 2021||7.30pm||Environmental Committee meeting||agenda|
|13 Jul 2021||7.30pm||Parish Council meeting||agenda & reports|
|27 Jul 2021||7.30pm||Lands Committee meeting||agenda & reports|
Minutes of a recent meeting are provisional until confirmed at the next relevant meeting.