|Dee Boughton-Waite||Harwell||7 Hengest Gate||861779|
|David Farrell||Jan 2018||Campus||19 North Drive|
|Jeremy Hawthorne (Vice-chair)||May 2015||Campus||33 Orchard Way|
|Sarah Medley||Jun 2018||Harwell||31 Cornflower Close|
|Neil Paterson||Apr 2018||Harwell||Winnates, Barrow Lane||07722261954|
|Philip Roberts||Nov 2017||Harwell||Highfield, The Winnaway||861409|
|Sarah Soames||Jul 2018||Harwell||2 Tyrrells Close||07849 533808|
|Debbie Turner (Chair)||Harwell||46 Orchard Way||07530 053776|
|Colum Wilson||Jul 2018||Harwell||Millennium House, High Street||07826 406896|
As of 8th January 2019 there are 2 vacancies, which cannot now be filled before the elections on May 2nd.
The Parish Clerk is Mrs Stephanie Taylor. See the contact page for details of how to contact her.
Parish Councillors are elected for four years. The last elections were in May 2015. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the councillors annually at their May meeting.
Details of the Councillors’ registers of interest can be found on the Vale website.
Here is a brief outline of the Parish Council’s role and duties:
- Harwell Parish Council consists of up to 11 members working together to serve the community, bringing local issues to the Council’s attention, and making decisions on behalf of the local community.
- The Council is a corporate body, and its decisions are the responsibility of the whole body. It is granted powers by Parliament to set the “precept” – the Parish Council’s share of the council tax.
- Issues that concern parish councils are planning, highways, traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, and rights of way.
- Parish Councils are only FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the lands belonging to the parish; in Harwell, that is the recreation ground, allotments, cemetery and Freeman Orchard.
- The full Council meets 10 times a year, at present, on the second Tuesday of each month except August and December. These are meetings held in public, but are not public meetings.
- At the first meeting of the new Council, elected councillors sign a formal Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and sign an agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council.
Membership of each committee and representation on external bodies is confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council, each May.
Established under Standing Orders paragraph 4e. See the Meetings and Minutes page for details of the meetings – dates, times, agendas and minutes.
Terms of reference for each committee, and Standing Orders, can be found on the policies page.
Chair: Jeremy Hawthorne
Debbie Turner, Philip Roberts & Dee Boughton-Waite
Staffing Committee (established August 2016)
Debbie Turner, Jeremy Hawthorne, Dee Boughton-Waite & Philip Roberts
Representations on, or work with external bodies, and other councillor roles, alphabetical order.
|Organisation or Role||Councillor|
|Allotment User Group Liaison||Clerk or Chair of Lands Committee|
|Annual Footpaths Walk organiser||Sarah Medley|
|Bank signatories||Jeremy Hawthorn,Debbie Turner, Dee Boughton-Waite|
|Didcot Community Forum and
Great Western Park Liaison Committee
|Harwell Campus meetings with Joint Venture Partnership regarding future plans at Harwell campus, including North Drive||Dee Boughton-Waite|
|Harwell News Editor||Phil & Alexis John (not on parish council)|
|Harwell News, Parish Council summary||written by Sarah Medley and edited by Chair of PC|
|Harwell Stakeholders Group:
Statutory liaison meetings (quarterly)
|Dee Boughton-Waite (formal rep)
Meetings are open to the public
|Keep Harwell Rural||n/a|
|Milton Park Liaison Meeting||tbd|
|OALC, ORCC||No formal rep, councillors attend as available|
|OCC Public Transport Representative||Mike Fox-Davies (as OCC Councillor)|
|OCC Rights of Way Liaison||tbd|
|Ramblers Parish Path Warden||need for the role is being checked|
|Sports Club Liaison||Clerk and
Tennis Club – tbd
Bowls Club – Dee Boughton-Waite
Harwellian – Colum Wilson
Scouts – Dee Boughton-Waite
Football – Jeremy Hawthorne
|Webmaster for PC website||David Marsh (not on parish council)|
Last updated 9 Jan 2019