|Dee Boughton-Waite||7 Hengest Gate||861779|
|Cath Convery||Ty Gwyn, Reading Road||07977 465886|
|David Farrell ****||19 North Drive|
|Carol Fisher **||Razmak, Abingdon Road, Rowstock|
|Jeremy Hawthorne * (Vice Chair)||33 Orchard Way|
|Debbie Greenfield||1 Locktons Barns, Church Lane||820760|
|Kath Luker **||Kamarlu, Barrow Road|
|Philip Roberts ***||Highfield, The Winnaway||861409|
|Debbie Turner (Chair)||46 Orchard Way||07530 053776|
As of February 2017 there are two casual vacancies.
* By co-option May 2015, councillor for the Harwell Campus ward
** By co-option September 2017, councillor for the Harwell Ward
*** By co-option November 2017, councillor for the Harwell Ward
**** By co-option Jan 2018, councillor for the Harwell Campus ward
The Parish Clerk is Mrs Stephanie Taylor. See the contact page for details of how to contact her.
Parish Councillors are elected for four years. The last elections were in May 2015. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the councillors annually at their May meeting.
Details of the Councillors’ registers of interest can be found on the Vale website.
Here is a brief outline of the Parish Council’s role and duties:
- Harwell Parish Council consists of up to 11 members working together to serve the community, bringing local issues to the Council’s attention, and making decisions on behalf of the local community.
- The Council is a corporate body, and its decisions are the responsibility of the whole body. It is granted powers by Parliament to set the “precept” – the Parish Council’s share of the council tax.
- Issues that concern parish councils are planning, highways, traffic, community safety, housing, street lighting, allotments, cemeteries, litter, war memorials, seats and shelters, and rights of way.
- Parish Councils are only FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the lands belonging to the parish; in Harwell, that is the recreation ground, allotments, cemetery and Freeman Orchard.
- The full Council meets 10 times a year, at present, on the second Tuesday of each month except August and December. These are meetings held in public, but are not public meetings.
- At the first meeting of the new Council, elected councillors sign a formal Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and sign an agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council.
Membership of each committee and representation on external bodies is confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council, each May.
Established under Standing Orders paragraph 4e. See the Meetings and Minutes page for details of the meetings – dates, times, agendas and minutes.
Terms of reference for each committee, and Standing Orders, can be found on the policies page.
Chair: Debbie Turner
Jeremy Hawthorn, Debbie Turner
In abeyance, as from May 2017
Recreation Ground Facilities Committee
Debbie Greenfield, Cath Convery,
Staffing Committee (established August 2016)
Debbie Greenfield. Debbie Turner, Dee Boughton-Waite
All councillors are members of the Finance Committee, which will meet once annually in December, for the purpose of setting the budget for the coming financial year; the Committee’s recommendations will be ratified at the full Council meeting in January.
Representations on, or work with external bodies, and other councillor roles, alphabetical order.
|Organisation or Role||Councillor|
|Allotment User Group Liaison||Clerk or Chair of Lands Committee|
|Annual Footpaths Walk organiser||Lands Committee|
|Bank signatories||Jeremy Hawthorn,Debbie Turner|
|Didcot Community Forum and
Great Western Park Liaison Committee
|Harwell Campus meetings with Joint Venture Partnership regarding future plans at Harwell campus, including North Drive||Dee Boughton-Waite, Cath Convery|
|Harwell News Editor||n/a|
|Harwell News, Parish Council summary|
|Harwell Stakeholders Group:
Statutory liaison meetings (quarterly)
|Dee Boughton-Waite (formal rep)
Meetings are open to the public
|Keep Harwell Rural||n/a|
|Milton Park Liaison Meeting||Cath Convery|
|OALC, ORCC||No formal rep, councillors attend as available|
|OCC Public Transport Representative||Mike Fox-Davies (as OCC Councillor)|
|OCC Rights of Way Liaison||Debbie Turner|
|Ramblers Parish Path Warden||need for the role is being checked|
|Sports Club Liaison||Clerk and
Tennis Club – Cath Convery
Bowls Club – Dee Boughton-Waite
Harwellian – Debbie Greenfield
Scouts – Dee Boughton-Waite
Football – Jeremy Hawthorne
|Webmaster for PC website||David Marsh|
Last updated 25 May 2017,