Friends of the Ridgeway competition
The Friends of the Ridgeway are delighted to announce that the Swire Ridgeway Arts Prize will again be held in April 2019.
The aim of the competition is to bring The Ridgeway to life not only as a long distance trail but as an artistic inspiration, and to show The Ridgeway, its history and environs, in all their aspects throughout all seasons. The theme of the competition is ‘Spirit of the Ridgeway’.
There will be an exhibition of works submitted for the competition as part of the Ridgeway Friends Day. It will be open to the public on Saturday 27 April and Sunday 28 April 2019 in the Thomas Hughes Memorial Hall, Uffington (Broad Street, Uffington, Oxfordshire, SN7 7RA), located in the centre of the beautiful and historic rural village of Uffington in the Vale of the White Horse.
The main points of the prize competition are:
- There will be separate classes for painting, sculpture (including ceramics and textiles) , photography and writing (poetry or prose);
- Competition is open to all, amateur and professional artists;
- Art work submitted must be produced in the 24 months prior to closing date;
- The results of the competition will be announced and prizes awarded at the Ridgeway Friends Day planned for 28 April 2019;
- The closing date for entries shall be one month prior to the Ridgeway Friends Day (i.e. 31 March 2019);
- The full rules of the competition are given in a separate document.
All entrants will receive one year’s membership of The Friends of The Ridgeway Each category winner will receive a keeper prize plus £100. The overall winner will receive a keeper prize plus £250 and a trophy.
To enter applicants should contact The Friends of The Ridgeway. Entrants need to complete the Entry Form and submit it with their art work.
Source: Anthony Burdall, 2 Fernham Road, Faringdon Oxfordshire SN7 7JY
Tel: 01367 240713 Mob: 0784135 2938 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org