Library opened on 27th July
Wantage Library staff say –
Our opening hours have slightly changed during this time:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday – 9am – 5pm
Thursday – 9am – 1pm
Saturdays – 9am – 4.30pm
When you visit there will be some changes:
– You can expect to see social distancing measures
– You will be required to wear a facemask to enter
– You may have to queue to enter
– We will collect your name and contact details on a Track and Trace form when you enter
– Short visits are encouraged – keep your visit to 30 minutes
– Payments to be made by card or online (photocopiers will still be operated by coin).
– Most soft seating and tables have been removed.
– Newspapers and magazines have been removed
– Public toilets won’t be available
– Face-to-face programmes and events won’t run until government advice informs us it is safe to do so, but regular Rhymetimes, Storytimes and events will be running via our Wantage Library Facebook page!
Not all of our services will be available when libraries reopen. To start with we will offer:
– browsing, borrowing, returning and collection of reserved items
– limited computers and internet access
– printing and scanning and photocopying
– bus pass and blue badge validations (by appointment)
If you are in a vulnerable group and shielding, we advise that you follow government advice for your protection. Ask a family member, friend or neighbour to collect or return your items.
Don’t visit and risk spreading the virus and a possible library closure by ignoring advice if you feel unwell.
Please do not hesitate to contact Wantage Library if you have any queries!
Source: Wantage Library